Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Here Comes The Son...

There are certain decisions or events in your life, where you know disagreements and debates are inevitable. Like when you decide to get married, you know you're going to debate where to have the wedding, how many people to invite or what kind of tux she'll let you wear.

Same with getting pregnant. Having a child commits you to a lifetime of debates on everything from what the nursery theme should be, to what foods you should let them have, to how old they should be before taking over lawn mower duty. On that last one, I say the earlier the better, 8 years old sounds good.

Within a few days of confirming our pregnancy, Cristy asked me "Do you want to find out the sex of the baby?" Of course I did! If you know me, you know I can be pretty impatient when I want something, so there was no way I could wait until August to find out. So, without tipping my hand, because let's be honest, we were going to do whatever Cristy wanted to do, I shyly said, "Well, kind of, what about you?" "I kind of do to!", she said almost immediately.

First debate cleared without any bloodshed. It was probably the easiest thing we've ever agreed on. I can only assume the anticipation is getting to us both.

So on March 12th, 2010, I found out I was having a son (I assume Cristy heard about it as well, since she was in the room with us). I think we were both a little surprised, because up until that point, everyone around us was calling the baby a "she" or "her". I can honestly say, I didn't care either way and I don't believe Cristy did either. But it is a little satisfying to know we were able to carry on the Elrod name on the first try... so take that Henry VIII!

As for the appointment, this was my first time around an Ultrasound machine and I have to say, I was totally amazed by what they could do with it. This guy was measuring his legs, the size of his head, etc. I believe he even got his vertical leap and 40 time. And before you ask...yes, I have submitted all measurements to the NFL Combine for the 2031 draft.

Once we got in with the actual doctor and she looked over all the results, she told us everything was going really well. Although, according to the measurements, the due date shifted slightly to August 7th, though they typically go with the first date if it's within a week or so. The next morning we were up and at 'em and heading to Nashville to begin looking at cribs, crib sets, nursery ideas, etc. Clearly, the next battlefield has been prepared, not to mention the Battle of Baby Names!

Any suggestions...



No comments:

Post a Comment