Friday, February 12, 2010

I Hope You Like Jammin' to...

As of today, we are 16 weeks. So far, all 16 weeks have went pretty well, as noted in previous posts. However, one particular week was better than all of them...the week we spent in Jamaica! Ok, it was only 5 days, but it was a great 5 days.

The planning of our trip to the Sandals Royal Caribbean resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica (sorry, had to say it again), began about 10 months ago. As the days, weeks and months rolled closer to our departure time, the more excited Cristy and I got. Relaxing days on the beach, fruity alcoholic beverages and delicious exotic food. I mean, I guess Jerk Chicken is exotic, right? At the very least, there would be tons of great seafood.

Enter Peanut...now Cristy can't drink any alcohol, shouldn't get to hot in the sun and has to watch the amount of seafood she takes in so her mercury levels don't turn peanut into a thermometer! What a huge buzzkill.......for her!!!
I still drank all I wanted, got a horrible sunburn on my legs and ate more Jerk Chicken than one man should be allowed. It was fantastic!

It was the best time we've ever had doing nothing. For 5 days we essentially did enough to sustain life, that was it. Cristy did lots of reading and I waded around in any form of water I could come in contact with....ocean, pool, shower, etc. We got to watch the Super Bowl and celebrate Bob Marley's Birthday in his home country. It doesn't get better than that.

The trip was not without the "Misadventures of Brian and Cristy". On the way back, we were checking our bag at the airport. We were only checking one bag, but I had repacked everything from the trip down. 10 pounds overweight! The only things we added to our luggage for the trip back were two bottles of wine and two towels! So, I had to fling open all our bags and try to determine just how many pairs of dirty underwear equals 10 pounds, so I can stuff it in the other bags...in the middle of the Jamaican airport.

In the end, we made it back without an international incident and we had a Doctor's appointment the following Friday. The heartbeat was still going strong, but it had a strange rhythm. The more I listened the more I realized what it was and began singing along...."One Love...One Heart...Let's get together and feel alright....."





2 comments:

  1. Oh please tell me that you are naming your kid peanut! That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll throw it in the ring as a possibility, but I'm not sure about it's chances. Although, it is a good unisex name!

    ReplyDelete