Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Follow Mea Culpa...

Ladies and Gentlemen...I need followers. Not the kind of followers that David Koresh was looking for, just some people who will sign up to read my blog from time to time, so I know someone is "listening". Don't wanna follow? How about a comment at the bottom? Just a little something to let me know you're there. I'll even give you a phrase. In honor of the season 6 premiere of LOST, if you read a post and find it interesting...just drop a "Push The Button!" in the comments section.

Now, on to our show...

Wow, my worst nightmare came true. No...the baby is fine! Actually, it's that my procrastination set in. I intentionally waited until I had a couple posts on here before I told anyone about this, to make sure I could keep up with it on a regular basis. Well, several weeks later and I'm just now dropping my 4th post of knowledge on ya. Sorry, four followers!

We are at 14 weeks now and very relieved to be past the first trimester. The good news is, Cristy had very little morning sickness. The bad news is, she's had a hard time sleeping and her back has been hurting. What does that mean? Welcome to the bedroom Boppy! I'm sure you guys are familiar with this amazing, curved, stuffed, cuddle invention. It's designed so that the pregnant female (that sounds like something from National Geographic) can put it between her legs and it relieves the stress on her back, allowing her to rest more comfortably. What it does for me, is take up more of the bed and allow my wife to steal more covers....Yeah!

It's helped a little, as well as a couple stints sleeping on the couch (her....not me!). I can only imagine this will get worse as we move on and the belly gets bigger and bigger. Speaking of belly, I'm amazed at how fast she got a baby bump. It seems like she was showing at about 7 weeks. It's got me a little worried that we might be looking at Cristy and Brian Plus 9. If that happens, don't look for any more blog updates...any more facebook posts....any more life for me...


6 comments:

  1. Now now don't get all excited you will do just fine when the "babies" come. Hahaha. So here's your comment. hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading and enjoying your posts. I'm really happy for you guys!

    Who is Cristy's doctor?

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Just because you put babies in quotes, doesn't make it any less scary! To be honest, I'd be OK if it were twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea...Thanks! She is going to Dr. Lyons. I suppose she's good, she has lots of baby pictures on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sympathize with Cristy and needing the extra pillow-thingy. Guess what!? During breast feeding you need like 4 or 5 pillows and for me, i just never could get rid of them! So I still sleep with five, yes FIVE pillows in my bed, (2 for head, one for each side and one for under knees) along with a 260 lb man! And there's your ocmment from your 5th follower! =)
    -Karen M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen - If she need anymore pillows, we're going to have to look for a bed larger than a King. Honestly, as long as it makes her back feel better, I'm OK with it.

    ReplyDelete